Context Shift Reflection
Context Shift Reflection

Context Shift Reflection

What I liked about this assignment was representing the information benign presented, in many ways to help appeal to different audiences. Although many papers can be considered without visual representations, certain scientific pieces require them, whether it’s a lab report, or a published writing piece, which is very helpful for many students pursuing a science-related career. I chose to focus on a neighborhood that statistically faced many disadvantages, in order to spread awareness of the fact so that they can attain assistance. The area was very diverse and filled with life, but certain issues pertaining finances and employment held them back. I typically like to be very professional in my pieces, and so the use of visual representations aren’t included unless it is required, but after completing this assignment I found it easier to interpret with these models, and I am very eager to use them in different pieces coming in the future. This assignment also showed a clear difference in audience appeal since this piece was targeted towards the people of the neighborhood/people in power who possess the ability to change their way of life. In clinical papers the audience are primarily doctorate-level and require the use of scientific language, as well as a high level of professionalism. When putting all these forms of writing together, instead of choosing one over another, I have gained insight on when to use certain writing styles, with the goal to appeal to the audience the most, with or without visual representations, where the context shift provided an additional form of audience appeal.